Consent and Information Storage
NHS Fife Psychology Service would like to use email to send you information. Email can be an insecure method of communication with the potential for information to be intercepted; lost, corrupted, or destroyed. Therefore, we require your consent to proceed, along with an acknowledgement of the following points:
- Non-sensitive information e.g. scheduling/rescheduling appointments including Near Me Video Consultation invitations.
- Sensitive information about your personal health care e.g. diagnosis, details of therapy programme and potentially other healthcare details. A Secure File Transfer system will be used for transmitting this sensitive information and you will be provided with a password to access the email separately.
- Your email address will be stored within your medical records and shared with other team members involved in your care.
- I understand that by providing consent for NHS Fife Psychology Service to email me, I have a responsibility to ensure I update any changes to my email address.
- I understand that I can remove my consent to use email at any time by informing any staff member at NHS Fife Psychology Service by e-mail, text or in person.